Safeguarding adults and children
Safeguarding is central to the quality of care NHS Outcomes Framework 2016/17, particularly:
- Domain 4: Ensuring people have a positive experience of care
- Domain 5: Treating and caring for people in a safe environment and protecting them from avoidable harm.
The safety and welfare of children and adults is of paramount importance to Crawley Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). We work closely with other CCGs within Sussex to ensure that all of the services we commission provide high quality, safe effective care.
The following measures ensure that safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults is given priority and is discharged effectively across the whole local health community through commissioning arrangements:-
For more information go to the new Sussex-wide Child Protection and Safeguarding Procedures website:
- Executive level CCG membership of the West Sussex Safeguarding Children and Adult Boards which ensure that safeguarding is at the forefront of service planning
- Senior CCG membership of local Safeguarding Groups
- Close collaboration with the Local Authority to assess and ensure the provision of co-ordinated integrated services to meet the needs of the local population, including specialist services for vulnerable groups
- Ensuring that safeguarding children and adult strategies and associated policies are in place, including safe recruitment of staff, a whistle-blowing policy and safeguarding training and supervision policies
- Ensuring that providers of services are held to account through regular review of safeguarding arrangements through quality scrutiny processes
- Designated nurse and doctors in post to offer professional expertise and advice around safeguarding matters.
Concerned for someone's safety?
If you have concerns about a child call:
- Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) – 01403 229900. Urgent out of hours calls regarding children or young people - 0330 222 6664. Contact an approved mental health professional out of hours to consider an urgent Mental Health Act Assessmentfor all age groups - 01903 843239
- Designated nurse safeguarding children – 01903 708001
- Designated nurse children looked after – 01903 708001
- Named GP for safeguarding children - 01903 708001
- Designated doctor children looked after - 01903 708001
- West Sussex Social Services out of hours urgent calls regarding Children or young people - please ring 0330 222 6664
If you have concerns about an adult call:
- Designated nurse safeguarding adults – 07775548660
- West Sussex Adults CarePoint – 01243 642121
- West Sussex Social Services urgent calls regarding Adults - please ring 01243 642121
To contact an Approved Mental Health Professional to consider an urgent Mental Health Act Assessment for all age groups - please ring 01903 843239