Children and Young Peoples Mental Health and Emotional Wellbeing
Local Transformation Plan (LTP)
The West Sussex Local Transformation Plan (LTP) is our plan for improving children and young people’s mental health and emotional wellbeing services across the county. The LTP outlines an integrated, multi-agency system-wide approach which builds resilience, improves access to services and supports children and young people along pathways of care whatever their needs. The three clinical commissioning groups (CCGs), Coastal West Sussex, Horsham and Mid Sussex and Crawley, and West Sussex County Council have worked together to develop the plan and are committed to giving mental health and wellbeing for children and young people the priority it deserves.
The plan was initially developed during 2015 in partnership with children and young people (CYP), parents, carers and key stakeholders. Since publishing our first version in December 2015, we have been required by NHS England to produce an annual refresh. We refreshed our plan in October 2016, October 2017 and again in October 2018.
The local transformation planning process has been an opportunity for commissioners to invest in services and change outcomes for children and young people. In addition to managing the increasing needs of children and young people in West Sussex, our priorities for 2018 to 2021 are:
1) Continue to increase access to early intervention support to ensure that children and young people are able to access the right service at the right time;
2) Ensure clarity of pathways and integration with local authority services;
3) Develop communication between services and primary care and schools;
4) Managing increases in demand for Eating Disorder services and redesigning the Neuro-Developmental pathway;
5) Workforce planning and delivery;
6) Further training and skills development for those professionals in primary care and other universal children’s services;
7) The transition for young people into adult services.
For more information, download the full local transformation plan or contact Lizzie Izzard firstname.lastname@example.org
Children and Young People’s Emotional Wellbeing Improvement Programme Manager, Children and Young People Joint Commissioning Team